This fort was built between 1835 and 1839, after the Belgian separation from the Netherlands. It was built in a hexagonal shape, fully surrounded by a moat. The Germans expanded the fortress with bunkers during WW2 and used it for ammunition storage. The outer walls are 10 metres high, in the walls on the seaside 19 rectangular bombproof rooms with vaults can be found.
Photography: Marcel Kentin Photography