abbey of middelburg exterior | Zeeland Film Commission
2745
portfolio_page-template-default,single,single-portfolio_page,postid-2745,bridge-core-2.4.4,locale-en-us,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode_grid_1300,vss_responsive_adv,vss_width_768,footer_responsive_adv,qode-theme-ver-22.9,qode-theme-bridge,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-6.3.0,vc_responsive

abbey of middelburg exterior

Category
Historical
About This Project

The origins of the abbey go back to the early twelfth century.  The church was badly damaged in May 1940 by German aerial bombers targeting Middelburg: during the years of austerity that followed the war, rebuilding was not completed till 1965. Today the abbey complex houses offices, two churches and a museum.

 

Photo’s: Felice Buonadonna, Ton Stanowicki